...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Thursday, February 13, 2014

Inexplicable Hope

How are you feeling? Full of an inexplicable hope lifting inside of you?

That's how I woke up this morning. The color yellow, soft and buttercream, painting the walls of my heart. For no definitive reason except that I saw the sun taking its time to rise into the sky, slowly stripping off the covers of clouds and dress in robin's egg blue and rose-blushing pink.

This is my first full week of work, and I will say that I miss the two snow days last week- makes time go by much more quickly! But it's good at the office, I really like the people in the building and connect with those in my department. If I get up to get some water, I walk right into staring at the sea of seats across the road in Kauffman Stadium. I don't think I'll ever get used to that view.

And I've finally started writing this week! My editor gave me a few stories for online features and I quickly jumped on the appropriate steps of journalism, sending emails to request interviews, spending time on the phone with coaches, huddle leaders and athletes and piecing together sentences that hit the heart of what needs to be conveyed to readers. My first one turned out quite well (in my opinion), with minor edits and mostly getting to know their formatting. It should be uploaded and published on the website tomorrow!

So there is a brief update on this week. Let us keep our clear eyes lifted towards the sky, searching the silver linings to draw a life we find worth living. Let's keep up the expectancy and soar into the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment